Saturday, October 22, 2011

Broccoli Cheese Casserole


WITH BACON!!!!

Here is the recipe I followed:

-1/2cup long-grain rice (uncooked long grain)
-6 slice bacon
-1 onions (chopped)
-10 oz broccoli (chopped frozen, thawed)
-one can cream of chicken soup (condensed)
-1 cup milk
-16 oz sauce (processed cheese)

Directions

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
-In a saucepan bring 1 cup water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
-Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside. Saute onions in bacon drippings over medium heat.
-In a 9x13 inch baking dish combine cooked rice, bacon, onions, broccoli, soup, milk and cheese sauce.
-Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.

I used only 2 slices of bacon because that was what I had. I also only had a can of cream of broccoli soup and no fake cheese (who the heck would really use a block of Velveeta except for the Duggars?)

So, here I go with my 2 strips of bacon and real cheese.

Here is photo 1: Not too awful.



You really can't NAPed (not as pictured) up BACON, rice, and onions. For those of you who do not know, anytime you type BACON it has to be in all capitals because that is the proper way to show others that BACON has dominance over all other foods. Well, Butter is pretty important too but should only have the first letter capitalized. So sorry for the Language Arts lesson, but if the readers aren't aware, I only have myself to blame.

Second picture (BC--before cooking)... Um, yeah:




For the next picture, I wasn't sure if I should show you my son's reaction to said product or said product first. I'm deciding on showing you his picture, because he is pretty darn cute and it will lessen the look of horror you will sustain. Just remember, if you make that face too much, it will freeze that way.

Here is Sam:


And, now, the comparison pictures:


So so so so glad I have a out of the home job because, well, yeah......
--farah

1 comment: